These sites are full of useful information that all WordPress site operators should be familiar with if they care about how their content appears on social media and in search engine results.
- Yoast’s Definitive Guide To Higher Rankings For WordPress Sites – If you only read one document on SEO practices, this is the one to read.
- Search Engine Optimization for WordPress (via the Codex)
- Yoast’s WordPress SEO Plugin feature list and overview
- Yoasts’s What is Local SEO?
- Submit a sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
- SEO Techniques for WordPress from Graph Paper Press
- Tips on Page Titles
- 10 Most Important Functions of WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Canva – Canva is a web based drag-and-drop image creation tool that can be used to create correctly sized images for use in your WordPress posts and social media image options.
- Social Media Image Sizes – Updated for December 2014. / Always Up-to-Date Guide to Social Media Image Sizes (Google Doc)
- Facebook Open Graph/Meta Data Testing Tool/Debugger
- Twitter Card Validator
- Free WooRank SEO Site Testing Tool
- Five Great Sources of Public Domain/Free to Use Images
Many of these SEO techniques for WordPress can also be applied to non-WordPress sites because they are largely based on best practices.
This video on Page Titles is worth watching: